It is located in Deh Nando Kohistan which is situated in upper Sindh and at a distance of 3 km from Rohri city and about 7 km from Sukkur city. National Highway is lactated at 2.5 km from Sukkur site. Sukkur Airport is situated at a distance of 26 km from the factory. The factory is connected by rail to Rohri Railway Station and railway wagons are being loaded for transportation of cement.
, is the second oldest cement unit of Pakistan. Its first kiln of 200 tones per day capacity was installed in 1938 by M/S Associated
Limited, India. This factory along with Wah factory, which also belonged to Associated Cement Companies, was purchased by the then Government of West Pakistan on 12th March 1965. In order to run both the factories a board of management was constituted by the Government of Pakistan under the Ministry of Industries on 13th September 1966. Immediate after takeover of the factory, it was felt that existing plant should be modernized and expanded to meet the additional cement requirements of the country. Consequently in August 1966, the scheme for the extension of Rohri
was approved and an agreement was signed with Messrs Hitachi Ship-Building & Engineering Co: Ltd Japan on 16th March 1968, for supply of machinery for 600 tones per day capacity plant. The new plant started production in March 1972. However, in view of heavy losses being incurred by the company, the production was discontinued as of 31 January 1999 and 531 employees were terminated, paying GHS/VSS by the privatization Commission.. However, services of only 02 officers were continued to carry out the day to day routines of the project till the time it is privatization/disinvested.
It has been sold to M/s. National Transport Company Karachi on -12-12-2003, observing the policy of privatization.